How to Use Square to Accept Credit Card Payments
Click SIGN UP WITH SQUARE . It’s a blue button in the middle of the page.
Fill out your account information. To create an account with Square, you’ll need to create the following sign-in credentials:
- Email address – Type in an active email address (e.g. your work email address) in the “Enter your email” and “Confirm your email” fields.
- Password – Type in a password to use with your Square account in the “Create a password” field.
- Country – Select your country of residence from the “Country” drop-down menu.
Click CONTINUE . This blue button is on the right side of the page.
Enter your business information. This includes the following:
- Type of business – Select a business type from the “What type of business is it?” box.
- Business name – Type your business’ name into the “What is your business name?” box.
- Estimated annual revenue – Select your company’s projected annual income from the “Estimated annual revenue” box.
- Number of employees – Select a number of employees from the “Does your business have any employees?” box.
- Business category – Choose a category from the “Business Category” box. If you can’t find a relevant category, click Other .
- You can also select a reason for using Square in the “How do you plan to use Square?” drop-down menu if you like.
Click CONTINUE . It’s on the right side of the page.
Enter your personal information. This includes the following:
- Legal first and last name
- Home address
- Zip code
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Phone number