Managing Yourself and Leading Others
November 13 14, 2017 $2,700
March 19 20, 2018 $2,750
Think of the leaders you most admire. They seem to easily juggle competing demands, confidently motivate their teams to achieve optimum results, effectively navigate across the organization, and never lose their composure. These executives make the job look simple—but it’s not.
Designed to help managers become more effective leaders, this two-day program delves into the fundamentals of managing yourself, leading teams, and motivating others to accomplish your company’s goals.
Through relevant readings, case discussions, and introspective exercises, you will gain a broader and deeper understanding of organizational culture and dynamics, management best practices, the role of the manager, and the nature of influence. As you explore your own personality, strengths, and weaknesses, you will begin to evolve a leadership style that is uniquely yours. You will return to work with newfound confidence and an action plan for continuing your growth as a leader.
- Improve your performance by strengthening your management skills
- Manage your team, your boss, and your colleagues more effectively
- Develop a management style that suits your unique personality
- Handle difficult management situations with greater certainty in your decisions
- Distinguishing management myth from reality
- Understanding the motivations of colleagues and competitors
- Recognizing strengths and blind spots in yourself and others
- Building emotional intelligence to communicate effectively
- Influencing others from a position of authority—or without authority
- Managing within organizational hierarchies
- Earning trust and building relationships
- Leading for long-term results
Who Should Enroll
This management training program is ideal for new or experienced managers in any function who want to become better leaders. Because management requires analyzing complex challenges, participants should expect to grapple with ambiguous situations that do not have simple solutions.
After you enroll, you will receive information on the required reading that should be completed before the program begins.